Tuesday, December 15, 2009

A Sneak Peek of Sorts...


The Scottish Thistle by Cindy Vallar

Historical Fiction

"Loyalty and honor. A Highland warrior prizes both more than life, and when he swears his oath on the dirk, he must obey or die. Duncan Cameron heeds his chief’s order without question, but discovers his wife-to-be is no fair maiden. Although women are no longer trained in the art of fighting, Rory MacGregor follows in the footsteps of her Celtic ancestors. Secrets from the past and superstitious folk endanger Rory and Duncan as much as Bonnie Prince Charlie and his uprising to win back the British throne for his father. Rory and Duncan must make difficult choices that pit honor and duty against trust and love."

Maybe a little more of a romance than what I usually read, but the description caught my eye. Reminded me a bit of A Band of Roses by Pat McDermott, which I loved.

And really, how cool is the font on the cover? I'm a sucker for a cool title font.

Anybody read this yet??

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Britt, for providing a sneak peak of my novel, The Scottish Thistle. -- Cindy

    ReplyDelete