Thursday, January 21, 2010

Shelf Discovery by Lizzie Skurnick-- Challenge!

I tried to read the whole book.  I just wasn't in the mood.  It just wasn't going to happen.

I'll try again some other time.

Anyway... challenge.  List.  All that good stuff.

I've read 10 or 11 of the books in here.  Kind of sad, really.  But honestly, when I was the right age I was dying to read something really challenging.... so I read a lot of Crichton and Clancy and such.  I skipped a lot of preteen/teen books.

The challenge hosted by Booking Mama (which runs through the end of April... I've already missed half of it) is to read 6, but I'm feeling kind of OCD because there are 10 chapters!  Must Read Something From Each Section.....

I need a life.

Anyhoo. 

Chapter 1-- YA Heroines
My pick-- Harriet the Spy

Chapter 2-- Girls on the Verge
My pick-- The Long Secret

Chapter 3-- Danger Girls
My pick-- The Westing Game

Chapter 4-- Read 'Em and Weep
My pick-- Summer of My German Soldier

Chapter 5-- You Heard it Here First
My pick-- Don't Hurt Laurie

Chapter 6-- Girls Gone Wild (Wow, a section that I've read most of already!)
My pick-- The Endless Steppe (Done!)

Chapter 7-- She Comes by it Supernaturally
My pick-- A Gift of Magic

Chapter 8-- Him She Loves?
My pick-- In Summer Light  Nevermind, the library doesn't have it.  Fifteen then (done!)

Chapter 9-- Old Fashioned Girls
My pick-- A Little Princess

Chapter 10-- Panty Lines (Or I Can't Believe They Let Us Read This)
My pick-- Actually I'm skipping this one.  Call me a prude, but kids shouldn't be reading any of these.... and I don't really want to either.  So nevermind.

Alright, 9 books.  I can do that.  I think... by April.... sure.  No problem.  :D

I'll link reviews here as I go.....

3 comments:

  1. These books are terrific and most read pretty quickly! Thanks for joining us! I love your choices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that you will be joining this challenge too. I remember reading Summer of My German Soldier in Jr. High. I remember liking it, but that's about it.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Julie. Only took me forever to get my act together and pick books... good thing they're quick reads!

    WinterWrite- I have this vague memory of possibly reading that one in middle school, but can't really remember, which is most of why I picked it!

    ReplyDelete