Monday, February 9, 2009

Ah, Life in Middle School....

Because who doesn't want to relive that part of their childhood, right?

Diary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff Kinney
5 stars
R- um, 5.... lol total 0

Very very quick read. Seriously. I started it after 11pm and was done at midnight.

It was a great book. I'm now looking forward to reading the others. Jeff Kinney combines cartoons and writing to tell the story of Greg's first year of middle school.

But it is NOT a diary. Greg is quick to point that out. Because only girls have diaries.

I think my favorite was the football game... Seriously, what's not to love about the idea of throwing a football as hard as you can at your best friend as he careens down a hill on a big wheel. That's just beautiful.

I highly recommend this one-- especially if you're dealing with kids who don't like to read much.

You can see more reviews HERE and HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment