Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Picture Books

We read some of the best picture books last week! So I just had to share some....

Because everybody needs a good picture book now and then.


Bats at the Library by Brian Lies

This was soooo cute!! Can't remember where I heard about this one... It might have been an award nominee of some sort or something. Very very fun.
And I think there are more Bats books!

365 Penguins by Jean-Luc Fromental

I LOVE penguins, so this was a great book.

What do you do when penguins start arriving daily? Who's sending them? And where on earth do you PUT them all?????

From food costs to the noise level, it's quite the zany adventure!


Owen by Kevin Henkes


Found out about this one HERE
We loved it! It was so cute. Boo does NOT want her blanket cut into handkerchiefs, though. Not at all.

She was very relieved when I said I wasn't worried about her keeping her blanket.




The Toughest Cowboy by John Frank

HILARIOUS! Oh my word! Heard about this one on BOOKSCOOPS too.
When Grizz decides he needs companionship, he gets a dog.
A poodle.

I grew up with a poodle.... I really can't picture one surviving in the wild west, but hey.


Please forgive the formatting problems.....
This is why I don't usually post pictures.......

2 comments:

  1. Love the pictures! They look great. I loved Owen. It is such a cute book. Bats in the library looks great especially since my daughter was a bat for Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh she'd love Bats at the Library. It's so fun.

    ReplyDelete