Thursday, March 26, 2009

Wednesday Morsel Answer Time

Congrats to those that said Eats, Shoots and Leaves! It is indeed.

Actually, though, I was sneaky and used the caption from an illustration in the Illustrated Edition-- which you can find out all about it that cute little Amazon widget over there in the sidebar.

I really want to post the picture, but the publisher hasn't responded to my email yet, so I don't know if I can legally do that. If they say I can, it'll go up!

Mrs. B Roth, it's only open-ended brackets, so you're fine. :D

"Brackets" because it's really a British book and they call () brackets and [] square brackets, while here in America they are parentheses and brackets, respectively.

The use of emoticons has actually increased this problem. How many times have you seen this: (blah blah blah :) ? That my friends is an open-ended bracket. It should be: (blah blah blah :) ) which yes, looks awkward, but it's still right.

(Sticklers Unite!)

No comments:

Post a Comment