Monday, April 6, 2009

So Not What I Expected

Not that that's a bad thing.

The Lace Reader by Brunonia Barry
5 stars
R- 1

This book was fascinating. It was completely not what I thought it was going to be. Not that I'm sure I can put into words what I thought it was going to be.

But it wasn't what I thought.

Anyway.

The story takes place in Salem, Mass. and is full of the mystical and paranormal. It's a very psychological novel.

From the first chapter: "My name is Towner Whitney. No, that's not exactly true. My real first name is Sophya. Never believe me. I lie all the time.
"I am a crazy woman... That last part is true."

Thus begins a story woven through varying points of view... as intricate as the lace Towner and her family reads to see the future.

I really enjoyed it. Try it; tell me what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment