Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Fairy Haven and the Quest for the Wand by Gail Carson Levine

And then there's the fabulous sequel! (That's right, it is really a different book from yesterday, I promise.)


Wands are dangerous things, but the fairies are back and they must find one or face the wrath of the mermaid Soop. (You should never mess with mermaids.)

This is another excellent installment from Gail Carson Levine-- again with amazing illustrations!

Between the two, Levine's Disney Fairy books really set up the world for all of the little books that have been written (by other authors) about each individual fairy.

Have you noticed, though, that the Disney movie Tinkerbell threw a lot of it out the window?

Okay, technically I haven't seen the whole thing and I guess maybe they can mesh them, but when you've had an author like Levine give you such a marvelous world, why not use it?! Drives me nuts.

Why do you suppose that is? I mean, Disney's got their logo on the books, right? They had to have at least approved them. Why would they create a different tone and world and even different characters for the movies?

Somebody, anybody, explain this to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment