Thursday, July 2, 2009

New Reader's Choice Books!!!!!!


YIPPEE!!!! I'm so excited!!

There are 22 this time around, which is about how many I read last time around, so I'm feeling good about my odds.

Lots of mysteries, which are fun and always go pretty fast...

Here they are, in no particular order (Links are to the SLCLS Reader's Choice Blog)

The Accidental Sorcerer by K. E. Mills -- I'd never heard of this, but it looks funny. Fantasy.

The Archangel Project by C. S. Graham -- Action/Thriller and Paranormal. What more could you want?

Casting Spells by Barbara Bretton -- Paranormal Mystery, and I love the cover art.

City of Thieves by David Benioff -- WWII Historical Fiction, 'cause there's always at least one. And it involves "demonic Nazi chess players".

Daily Coyote by Shreve Stockton --Nonfiction. Life with a coyote pup.

Dirty Secret Club by Meg Gardiner --Murder Mystery with medical overtones... or undertones... or undertakertones....

Don’t Tell a Soul by David Rosefelt -- Action/Murder Mystery. And apparently an obnoxious policeman.

Gardner Heist: The True Story of the World’s Largest Unsolved Art Theft by Ulrich Boser -- Nonfiction, Art History. I love art history.

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson -- Already on my list!! Woohoo! Mystery.

The Grift by Deborah Ginsburg --Paranormal Mystery (I'm sensing a theme....)

A Guide to the Birds of East Africa by Nicholas Drayson -- Fiction, I promise. Romance/"women's fiction" whatever that means.

Handbags and Homicide by Dorothy Howell -- ChickLit/Mystery... I'm thinking it could be the beginning of a new fluff series.

The Help by Kathryn Stockett --Historical Fiction. Racism in the south.

Kissing Games of the World by Sandi Kahn Shelton --Romance... and there's that "women's fiction" thing again.

The Lover's Knot by Clare O'Donohue --A Quilting Mystery apparently. Gotta have a niche.

Night Kill by Ann Littlewood --Mystery at the zoo. Another cool cover.

Sacrifice by S. J. Bolton-- more Mystery. Looks really interesting.

Shape of Mercy by Erin Hart --Historical Fiction

School of Essential Ingredients by Erica Bauermeister --Fiction. Sounds a little like Comfort Food.

Stalking Susan by Julie Kramer -- Mystery (Shocker, I know)

The Stepsister Scheme by Jim Hines-- Fantasy. This looks hilarious!! Cinderella's husband has been kidnapped. The cover looks kind of anime-ish.

The Virgin Queen's Daughter by Ella Chase --Historical Fiction. I love Queen Elizabeth I books.

Okay, so I guess that was in alphabetical order. Go figure.

So 10/22 are mysteries, 2 nonfiction, 2 fantasy... 4 historical fiction, only 3 paranormals... seemed like more when I was typing them all up. And then there are a couple of general fiction or "women's fiction".

What's the difference between "women's fiction" and ChickLit? Or normal fiction for that matter...

No comments:

Post a Comment