Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Seen Art? by Jon Scieszka and Lane Smith


5 Stars
Picture Book

This book is FABULOUS!! I really need to buy it.

Here's how it starts:


It all started when I told my friend Art I would meet him on the corner of
Fifth and Fifty-third.
I didn't see him. So I asked a lady walking up the avenue, "Have you
seen Art?"
"MoMA?" asked the lady.
"Uh... no, he's just a friend."


You see where this is going, right?

What follows is a whirlwind tour of the Museum of Modern Art. At the end of the cute story, the paintings are all shown again with details about them.

Now, I don't know about you, but I could get lost in an art museum for days. And I'd be perfectly happy.

When we were in Maryland last year, we took Boo to DC and did the Smithsonian stuff on the Mall-- including one or two of the art museums. I would have been happy to spend the whole day in them, but Boo got bored. (Too young, I suppose. She loved the Natural History and Air and Space museums.)

Anyway, this book is a great way to introduce kids to art and the idea of the art museum.

No comments:

Post a Comment