Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The Dragon of Trelian by Michelle Knudsen


4.5 stars
JF (though it is longer than most JF-- just over 400 pages)

Boo actually picked this one out for me. It was on display with other new fiction and she grabbed it and brought it to me, saying I'd like it.

And she was right. I really enjoyed it. It was a fun fantasy.

Calen and Meg are an unlikely pair. He's the Mage's apprentice who's never had a friend, and she's King Torman's third, and least patient, daughter.

When Calen realizes who she is and starts calling her "Your Majestly", Meg kicks him hard and commands him to knock it off.

I like this girl already.

So... boy meets girl, in a completely non-romantic sense, boy and girl discover plot against kingdom... you know the drill, right? Well, sort of. While there were things I found predictable, it's still a delightful story that doesn't reveal as much as you think it will.

All in all, it's a great read.

And while it could be left where it ends, I'm thrilled that Michelle Knudsen is working on a sequel!

I'd say any fan of fantasy and dragons would enjoy this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment