Saturday, August 8, 2009

Summer Reading Saturday-- Everything I Need to Know in Life I Learned from School House Rock


I may have mentioned this before, but my kids LOVE School House Rock. And I mean, really love it.

Even Mister will just sit and watch a while.

Boo can sing most of "Mr. Morton".

And I often have one of the songs stuck in my head.

Amazingly, even being the uber-nerd I was, I didn't like School House Rock. I always changed the channel. So watching it with my kids was a learning experience for me too.

Now, when most kids are learning grammar, they start easy-- nouns and verbs.

Thanks to SHR, we started with adjectives and adverbs. Do you realize how hard those concepts are to explain to a preschooler who has no idea what nouns and verbs are?

* We're almost done with our Summer Reading!! Mister has 9 more and Boo has 6!!

No comments:

Post a Comment