Friday, September 25, 2009

A Note From An Old Acquaintance by Bill Walker


4 stars
R- 3.5

I think I actually enjoyed this more than I thought I was going to.

I LOVE the cover. It's beautiful.

Brian, I thought, was a really well-written character. Joanna I had some problems with early on... (how could she really stay with a guy as obviously jerky as her fiance?) but I thought later revelations/developments smoothed most of that out pretty well. For the most part.

I thought the setup really worked well. Sometimes a story that goes back and forth between past and present is confusing, but Bill Walker clearly defines which decade we're in and doesn't jump back and forth too many times.

All in all, a good read.

Read another great review from Laura at I'm Booking It. And you can learn more about the book tour at Virtual Book Tours.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Britt: Thank you so much for your insightful review. It's much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, Mr. Walker, thank YOU for a good book.

    (And that cover!!)

    ReplyDelete