Sunday, October 11, 2009

Make Ahead Meals for Busy Moms by Jane Doiron


Source: E-book for review for Virtual Book Tour.

So I have a confession... well two.

First, I was supposed to pos this Saturday. Oops.

Second, I don't cook.

I mean, I know how and all, but I don't really love to... if my husband is home it's totally his job. If we need to take something to a get-together, you can bet he's in charge of that too. (Unless we're taking jambalaya or curry, which I actually make.)

And frankly, half my problem is that I start thinking about dinner at oh... 5 pm. Since my kids go to bed at 7 and generally take their sweet time eating, that just doesn't cut it.

So really I was THRILLED about reviewing this book. Absolutely thrilled!

The book starts off with some awesome time-saving tips. Dice veggies the day before, double recipes you love and freeze half for another day, things like that.

And then you have recipes. Lots of them.

One that really caught my eye-- Shrimp Dip: easy, quick and tasty!

That's like 4 of my favorite things in one!

Rhubarb Struesel Bread-- I'd never had rhubarb until a few months ago and can I just tell you, that sounds dang good.

I LOVE how big the section on Breads and Breakfast is. It just makes me happy. We really never cook for breakfast, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE to make breakfast for dinner or have muffins or breads for snacks. The Zucchini Apple Bread may simple HAVE to be made this week.

There are so many amazing recipes in this book. I'm actually excited to cook, and let me tell you, that just doesn't happen around here a whole lot.

AND, in the back of the book she's included some great measurement charts! Always a good thing to have at hand!

2 comments: