Friday, July 2, 2010

The Curse of the Pharaohs by Elizabeth Peters

5 stars
R- 2
Sequel to Crocodile on the Sandbank

I LOVE the way she talks about her son.  Hilarious. 

Amelia, the narrator, not the author.

Anyway.

Cracks me up.  Sounds a bit like how I talk about my kids.... not that I want to leave them with relatives for months at a time.  Okay, so maybe I want to sometimes, but I wouldn't actually do it.  Probably.

Crazy shenanigans in Egypt again demand the expertise and logic of Emerson, and, of course, his faithful Peabody.  He's not about to go without her.  (Which is good for the reader, since everything is from her point of view.)

Mysterious deaths, a "curse", a ghostly figure causing trouble...  It's all getting in the way of an excavation that could potentially be one of the greatest finds ever.  Which just irritates Emerson to no end. 

Another great installment.  I'm looking forward to reading more of these.  (This one did take me longer to get into, but that's totally me being restless, not a fault of the book!)

Counts for the Support Your Local Library Challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment