Thursday, August 12, 2010

Homer's Odyssey by Gwen Cooper

A Fearless Feline Tale, or How I learned About Love and Life with a Blind Wonder Cat

5 stars
R- 1

This was my book club pick for July.  And I really enjoyed it.

When Gwen adopts Homer, he's a sightless kitten that no one is sure can or will ever be normal.  But Gwen soon learns that Homer is a daredevil with a sweet personality that has a lot to teach us all about life.

In addition to the cute narrative about life with the crazy cat, I was also interested to read the chapters about 9/11-- Gwen and the cats lived in Manhattan when the tragedy occurred.

Cute, sweet and cuddly, this was a great book.

Counts for the Support Your Local Library and Reader's Choice challenges as well as being for my book group!  Score!

No comments:

Post a Comment