Thursday, January 20, 2011

May I Gripe?

Like you could stop me. ;)

I am SO FREAKING SICK of Nancy Drew!!!!!

I swear, how many times can a) someone steal her car, b) someone kidnap Ned, c) someone deliver a threat before she even knows about the case.

PLUS I just found the same boat name used in two different books in two totally different locales.  :P

Honestly, there is one thing that is seriously bothering me: I loved George as a kid, but as an adult I can't stand her!  She's a jerk and a bully.  I had considered reading these with Boo, but I cringe everytime George harps about Bess' weight!  Which she does in EVERY STUPID ONE OF THEM.

Girls today are presented with enough reasons to hate their bodies-- Nancy Drew should not be adding to those.




Okay, I'm done now.

Only 16 more to go for the challenge.... then I may never read another one as long as I live.

2 comments:

  1. This is so funny, since I'm going to be blogging about my seven-year-old's new obsession with Nancy Drew in an upcoming post.
    I think some books we loved as children (sorry, Nancy)just don't cross over well into our adult world. And the nuances of character that we somehow missed now seem so blaringly obnoxious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's true. Somethings you just can't recapture. And I'm sure Boo will end up reading them, but hopefully just on her own. :)

    ReplyDelete