Wednesday, July 13, 2011

A Cup of Friendship by Deborah Rodriguez

4 stars

r-2.5
Copy received for review through Shelf Awareness

I really enjoyed this one. More than I was expecting to, I think. It reminded me a lot of Friday Night Knitting Club.

Told in shifting perspectives (all third person), this is the story of Kabul, as seen by both natives and foreigners. And the story of the coffeehouse that turns these strangers into family.

I really may need to read Kabul Beauty School now... it's the same author and she makes more than one reference to the school in this one. (Though I'm having a hard time figuring that one out... is it a novel? Or a memoir?)

Anyway, this is a good quick read, but I wouldn't call it fluff. Maybe a little heavier than your average "beach book" but definitely worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment