Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Fruit of All Evil by Paige Shelton

4 stars
R-1
Sequel to Farm Fresh Murder

While I was a little worried about the sustainability of this series, I really enjoyed the second book.  Granted the farmer's market vendor disappearing felt a little like deja vu since something similar happens in the first book, but Paige Shelton pulls it off pretty well.  (Now if someone goes missing like that in the third one.... lol)

I also kind of wish the love interest would go in a different direction, but hey. 

(It's not that I don't like him, I just like the other guy better.... for Becca.)

Anyway, another great cozy mystery.  And again, it has recipes.  (CHOCOLATE Strawberry jam?!  Awesome.)

And since this is a local author, I'm really tempted to contact her and ask A) are you willing to meet with book clubs? B) do you actually make Pumpkin Preserves and Chocolate Strawberry Jam? C) if you answered yes to A and B, how about a demonstration?!  LOL 

Seriously, though, wouldn't that be FUN?  My mom would let us use her awesome kitchen.....  Hmmm..... Very very very tempting.

No comments:

Post a Comment