Friday, February 10, 2012

Igraine the Brave by Cornelia Funke

4 stars
Great Reads
Book Club

Another Great Reads for Girls book that Boo hasn't read yet, lol.  With my husband's work schedule it's been pretty tricky getting to the meetings.

On the surface, I should totally love this book.

And I liked it, I really did, but I just didn't quite love it.

I have a really hard time with Cornelia Funke.  I don't know exactly what it is, but I do.

Anyway, cute story, lots of fun... dragged a little for me I guess.  I didn't find it compelling.  It took me like 4 days to read.  Which is beyond all weird when you consider I can usually read 2 books like this in a night, no problem.

Recommended still, though.  Especially for girls in the 8-12 range... especially if they're tomboys. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment