Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Heresy by SJ Parris

5 stars
R- 1-2
some language and disturbing/violent images
1st Giordano Bruno book

A very interesting historical thriller, apparently based on an actual person.  (I've never heard of him, but hey.  Or at least I can't remember having heard of him.)

The only downside/reservation/whatever I have about this book is absolutely not the fault of the book or author-- it's just that the religious insanity of the Elizabethan period drives me beyond all batty.  How anyone could justify torture and murder etc with Christian faith boggles the mind.

But as I said, not the fault of the author certainly.  She did an excellent job with the period.

Overall, recommended.  I'm looking forward to reading the next 2 books.  (I have an ARC of the 3rd book!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment