Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Under Wraps by Hannah Jayne

3 stars
R- 2.5

Okay, first off, can we talk about the cover?

Cool cover, right?

Except for the fact that whoever created it CLEARLY DID NOT READ THE BOOK.  At all.  :P

Second, amount of innuendo/imagined or daydreamed sexual or near sexual encounters: 250-300

Not kidding.  Not exaggerating.

It's nearly EVERY SINGLE PAGE.  Talk about overkill.

For the record, actual sexual encounters: 0

I wanted to like this one.

Yeah, vampires, werewolves etc really aren't my thing, but I wanted to like this.

The tone felt a little like the Lisa Shearin books, and y'all know how much I love those.

But in the end, it fell flat.

Like a cheap Lisa Shearin knock-off.  Total bummer.

Overall, meh.

(Speaking of Lisa Shearin, is it May yet??  I need the next book......)

No comments:

Post a Comment