Saturday, November 17, 2012

OLIVIA!!!

All by Ian Falconer, of course

MeiMei is a fan of Olivia it seems.  We've checked out a few lately.  She likes them, but I don't think she's quite old enough to completely be in love with them.  I like them. :)

Olivia and the Missing Toy

I think this one is hilarious.  Olivia's going nuts trying to find her toy... only to find that the dog got hold of it.  :(
But it was her very best toy, so she fixes it. :)

The only thing I don't love is the dad saying "we'll go buy you a new better more amazing toy!"  Don't want my kids to have that kind of expectation/entitled feeling, I guess.

Olivia Helps with Christmas

Oh, Olivia.  Between Santa watches, making cookies and finding the perfect center piece for the table (where DID you get that little treee? lol) Olivia is excited to help.

Or "help".  Either way.  :)

I think this is MeiMei's favorite of the Olivias we've been reading.

Olivia and the Fairy Princesses

I give this one 5 stars... up to the last few pages.  Which means overall, it got 3.

I love the beginning.  Everyone wants to be a princess and Olivia just doesn't get it.  I love this because it's so me. :)

But then it gets a little weird.... and I thought the ending was just plain lame.


(PS-- We're throwing a "spa day" party with like 10 little girls today.... pray for me..... lol)

No comments:

Post a Comment