Thursday, July 25, 2013

I Can Read

Copies received for review

We're all about the I Can Read books around here lately.  They're not really a challenge for anyone anymore (well, they would be for MeiMei, if she were reading yet) but the kids like them.
Here are some we've been reading lately:

Flat Stanley Goes Camping
by Jeff Brown
Level 2

Have you read the Flat Stanley books?  Mister and Boo seem to really enjoy them.  This is a cute installment about the family's camping trip, where Stanley learns that being flat isn't all bad.  My only complaint-- black text on dark blue background on some of the pages.  My eyes aren't as young as they used to be and let's face it, they were never good to begin with.

Batman Classic: Who Is Clayface?
by Donald Lemke
Level 2

I've mentioned that Mister is into super heroes, right?  I mean, he's a preschool/kindergarten boy, so of course he is, right?  So naturally Batman is also totally awesome.

Dixie and the Good Deeds
Dixie Wins the Race
by Grace Gilman
Level 1

Dixie is a dog, which makes these simple stories perfect for MeiMei.  And the I Can Read books are generally a good length to read aloud.  Cute stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment