Saturday, September 14, 2013

America Is Under Attack by Don Brown

5 stars
juvenile nonfiction
Beehive nominee

Wow.

This was a really emotional (little) read for me.

Of course, we all remember where we were, but it's so strange to me that my kids barely know what 9/11 means.

This book is a great way of explaining it.

(Actually, my husband doesn't quite understand either-- he was out of the country and honestly thought what he was seeing was a new movie preview or something at first.  Not being here, he didn't experience the same unity and emotional impact that I did.)

Overall, this is a pretty brief look, focusing on the towers, at what happened that day.  It includes names and quotes and human details that make it (all too) real.

Recommended, but you'll need tissues.

No comments:

Post a Comment