Thursday, October 17, 2013

Unspeakable and Unstoppable (novella) by Laura Griffin

4 stars each
R- 2-3 ish
Tracers books 2 and 2.5

Unspeakable is not a typical sequel, but rather the type that takes a somewhat more minor character from book 1 and makes them the focus.  Alex makes only a brief appearance-- this is all about Troy.

In my review of the first book, I talked about how entertaining Troy was.  I can't for the life of me remember why.  He was more serious in this one.  Maybe because he was the focus?

Overall, good mystery, some romance, some fun characters and some annoying ones.

Unstoppable is a novella which, like the rest of the series seems to, takes a minor character and makes her the focus.

Kelsey Quinn is a forensic anthropologist (think Bones) on a dig near the Mexican border who suddenly finds more trouble than she ever wanted.

This one feels a lot more like a romance to me, as the mystery is resolved kind of quickly and doesn't have a ton of development overall.  I still enjoyed it though.


For the Tracers series overall, each book seems to go in a slightly different direction, dealing with a different member of the group.

I have a hard time with those kind of series often because I would rather follow the characters I know.  Book 2 does set up book 3 nicely, though, in terms of introducing the characters that will feature.  I just don't know that I personally am invested enough to keep reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment