Thursday, November 7, 2013

Blackout and All Clear by Connie Willis

5 stars each
R-1
Time Travel books 3 and 4

Oh. My. Gosh.

Tons of threads to track, complex beyond all belief, but so amazingly well done.

AMAZINGLY, I tell you.

Interestingly, Blackout is much more optimistic, while All Clear is more somber overall.

I loved these books.  Both of them.

I do STRONGLY recommend you read Doomsday Book and To Say Nothing of the Dog before these.  Things will come up and confuse you otherwise.  Especially Doomsday.

I do have one question that makes me desperately wish Connie Willis had a contact page somewhere, but I'll be darned if I can find one...

WHY in the VE-day segments they were calling her Douglas?????????????? Did I totally miss the explanation or was there just not one?? 

That drove me nutty.

I might have just missed it, though.

Overall, highly highly recommended.  Such an amazing perspective on London during WWII.  And on heroism.  And most of all, on the struggles of those left behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment