Saturday, October 11, 2014

Birthday Breakfast: A Food Post

I promise, there will be actual bookish posts soon.  Really there will.

But I had THIS for breakfast today....


and it's just kind of too good not to share.

The original recipe for these Double Chocolate Brownie Batter Pancakes is from Chocolate Covered Katie.  It's a tiny batch of not-too-sweet chocolaty goodness.

Adding strawberries, whipped cream, chocolate syrup, and sprinkles makes them AMAZING.  (Though I should point out that we only add the syrup and sprinkles for birthdays at our house.)

For those who hate doing math, like me, here's the recipe x16 (which feeds out family of 6 [Pixie doesn't count yet] with leftovers), with math courtesy of my husband, the human calculator.

(I should point out that the original has healthier ingredient options, such as using applesauce in place of the oil.)

4 cups flour
4 tsp baking powder
1 cup cocoa
1 1/3 cups sugar
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups oil
3 cups milk
1/3 cup vanilla

Mix and cook!  If you're feeling fancy, make Mickey Mouse pancakes. :)

And a happy birthday to this crazy boy-

Happy birthday, Mister!

No comments:

Post a Comment