Saturday, June 13, 2015

Picture Book Roundup

The Big Ideas of Buster Bickles by Dave Wasson
4 stars
received for review

This possibly wasn't quite as cute as I wanted it to be, but I did enjoy it.  Very silly.  Robot dinos and ice cream mountains and more!  lol

Freddy and Frito and the Clubhouse Rules by Alison Friend
3 stars
received for review

Cute story about 2 friends who build a clubhouse and have to work out not only a compromise but also their own rules... since "no rules" isn't going so well for them!

Eva and Sadie and the Best Classroom EVER! by Jeff Cohen
4 stars
received for review

Sadie is going into 2nd grade.  She knows all about school.  Eva, however, is going to kindergarten... which Sadie knows is VERY DIFFERENT from preschool.  So Sadie is going to make sure Eva is READY.  This is a cute story great for sisters.  MeiMei liked it. :)

Goose Goes to School by Laura Wall
3 stars
received for review

Sophie had a little goose.... he followed her to school one day which was against the rules....
I have mixed feelings on this one.  It's cute... probably cuter than the first (Goose) which we also received for review and didn't really impress me.  But... I don't know.  It's still just not quite as cute as I want it to be.

Little Critter: Just a Teacher's Pet by Mercer Mayer
3 stars
received for review

Kind of mixed feelings on this one too-- the new girl is not just a teacher's pet, she's a bratty bossy teacher's pet.  And that doesn't get any better.  The other kids decide she's alright when she hits the home run that wins the game though.
I guess I wanted more depth, but whatever. ;)  I've noticed I don't like the "I Can Read" ones as much as the original style.

B. Bear and Lolly: Catch that Cookie! by A. A. Livingston
4.5 stars
received for review

So... I read through this one quickly and it was a "eh, that was okay" but then I read it to LuLu and decided it was really cute, lol.  It's quite the nursery rhyme mash-up-- porridge, B. Bear, the Gingerbread Man, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment