Saturday, October 24, 2015

Picture Book Round-Up

(All received for review, brief reviews are my thoughts... haven't cornered the kids for their thoughts yet)

Officer Panda: Fingerprint Detective
by Ashley Crowley

Oh by goodness, this one is cute.  I'm seriously entertained.
Includes a little "Did you know" section with facts about fingerprints.

Little Critter: Just a Special Thanksgiving
by Mercer Mayer

We love Little Critter.  This one even has stickers! :)

Thanksgiving at the Tappletons'
by Eileen Spinelli

Meh.  Just not really a fan of this one.  Seemed like too much text for reading aloud to little ones... though they may be amused by all of the misadventures.

Pete the Cat and the Bedtime Blues
by Kimberly and James Dean

You know... I think I'm just kind of over Pete the Cat in general.  This latest installment is cute enough, I guess, but just doesn't do anything for me.

Imaginary Fred
by Eoin Colfer and Oliver Jeffers

I'm a fan of this one.  The whole idea of an imaginary friend who is worried about being forgotten and fading away and becomes friends with another imaginary friend... I love it.

Bonus-- middle grade that I haven't read yet
(I know, not super helpful)
Mr. Puffball Stunt Cat to the Stars
by Constance Lombardo

Yeah, I haven't read it, but it looks hilarious, so I'm just throwing it out there as a "hey, have you heard about this one?" kind of thing.  My kids love the Stick Dog books, and this seems similar.

No comments:

Post a Comment