Friday, January 29, 2016

Picture Book Round-Up

*All books received for review

Lazy Dave by Jarvis

This one was amusing, but didn't do a lot for me, ultimately.  Dave is such a lazy dog that he sleeps all day, but it's what he does in his sleep that makes it all silly.  I'm sure it will inspire giggles and some kids may really love it, but I'd rather not have to read it to them more than once, lol.

Who Wants a Hug? by Jeff Mack

Bear wants to hug everyone, including Skunk....  but Skunk stinks!  So funny.  I enjoy this one.

Who Needs a Bath? by Jeff Mack

Sequel to Who Wants a Hug?-- Bear is trying to throw a surprise party for Skunk.  Love it.  Cracks me up.  Kids love it.  Everyone loves it, lol.  These books are too fun.

Little Elfie One by Pamela Jane

Okay, yes, I'm a little late with Christmas books, but hey.  Better than never.  This is a cute book with a sing-songy rhyme scheme.  If you're familiar with the dinosaur or rain forest books that use the set up of "lived a mommy [whatever] and her little [whatevers] five.... [verb] said the mommy, we [verb] said the five..."  (If you've read them, you know what I mean.)  Anyway, it's one of those.

Paddington and the Christmas Surprise by Michael Bond

Paddington is awesome.  Always popular in my house.  This is a great choice for Christmas for the littles.

Splat the Cat: Christmas Countdown by Rob Scotton

This board book was a big hit in my house.  It's a touch and feel book.  Very simple story, but that works for the target age.

Bonus Middle Grade:
The Naughty List by Michael Fry and Bradley Jackson

Mister LOVES this book.  He's read it so many times since Christmas that I finally had to put it away so he would read something else, lol.  Cute night-before-Christmas/someone-saves-Christmas-ish story, from what I can tell.  I haven't actually read it, Mister highly recommends it.

No comments:

Post a Comment