Saturday, June 4, 2016

A Few More Picture Books

Yeah, I'm catching up on review copies.

Samanthasaurus Rex by B B Mandell

You had me at "You clearly need to evolve".  That page made me laugh SO HARD.  Samanthasaurus is not a typical T-Rex, but in the end she can save the day HER way.  Fun story about just being yourself.

My Little Sister and Me by Maple Lam

So cute.  This book captures the bond and the responsibility involved in being a big brother.  Good for any siblings but especially recommended for a big brother with a little sister.

Paddington Sets Sail by Michael Bond

This is a Level 1 I Can Read book.  A few words were a little tricky for MeiMei, but overall it's a good fit for where she's at right now.  Plus she LOVES Paddington, so really.... can't go wrong.

(I saved my FAVORITE for last)

Chicken in Space
....
You know what? This requires CAPS

CHICKEN IN SPACE (that's better) by Adam Lehrhaupt
illustrated by Shahar Kober

Oh. My. Gosh.  This book is hilarious.  It is a HUGE hit at our house.  AND there are sequels planned.  I can't wait. :)

If you check out NOTHING ELSE that you see on my blog this month, seriously-- do yourself a favor and check this one out.  It's really that fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment