Friday, December 9, 2016

Christmas Gift Guide (Even More) Middle Grade Edition

You didn't think I'd actually covered everything last week, did you?

Once again, these are books I haven't read (so many books, so little time) but like the look of.  We have received some for review, some my kids are getting for Christmas, etc.

Pax by Sarah Pennypacker
Maybe I'm just a sucker for that fox on the cover, but I really want to read this one.  It sounds a little "The Fox and the Hound".  This is actually in my "to read aloud to MeiMei" pile.

Like Magic by Elaine Vickers
To be totally honest, this story of friendship might not end up being Boo's cup of tea, but I like the looks of it and I'm going to push her to read it.  The main characters are 10, so this is probably a good choice for girls around that age.

Foxheart by Claire Legrand
A fantasy adventure for fans of Neil Gaiman and Diana Wynne Jones? Um, yes please!  I mean, that's a no-brainer, right?

Wing and Claw #1: Forest of Wonders by Linda Sue Park
Boo enjoyed this one.  She thinks other kids would like it. :)

Laugh Out Loud [blank] Jokes for Kids by Rob Elliott
What elementary student doesn't love a good joke book?  The [blank] there is because there are SO MANY of these.  Animal jokes, Spooky jokes, Christmas jokes, Holiday jokes, etc etc etc.  Seriously, just search the author on Amazon or something.  These are a great choice for any kid, but definitely a good idea for reluctant readers.

Lock and Key: The Initiation by Ridley Pearson
Sherlock and Moriarty reimagined.  Who could resist such a thing??

Also: Stick Dog.  I know, they look goofy, but I tell you they are well-loved around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment