Wednesday, March 8, 2017

The Hating Game by Sally Thorne

3 stars
R- 3-4
Language
Reader's Choice

Sigh.

This gets 3 stars instead of 2 because A) it did get better (thankfully) and B) if I'd seen a movie version and gotten through the whole story line in under 2 hours with a minimum of internal monologue... it would have been a decent chick-flick.

This is most definitely a case of "it's not you, it's me".  Mostly anyway.  The typos/editing issues were definitely you, book.

I simply cannot suspend disbelief enough to believe that professional adults would behave this way.

And then there's the whole "romances like this make me roll my eyes hard enough to knock me out" thing.

I just find these kind of stories ridiculous.

But that's me.

If contemporary romance is your thing, you may want to try this.

Overall.... I'm balancing somewhere between "I don't regret finishing it" and "Boy, I'm a glutton for punishment". ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment