Sunday, November 30, 2008

A Departure From the Norm....

In more ways than one. First, I usually post in the morning, and 2nd, I usually review books I've read. Well, okay, this is sometihng I've read, but not by choice.

The Sneaky Pony series by Hadley Higginson
I'm not even going to bother rating this :D

Book 1 is called Keeker and the Sneaky Pony. These very silly chapter books are for early readers... or in our house, young pre-readers who are too smart for their own good. Each book tells about an adventure of Keeker (whose real name is Catherine Corey Keegan Dana... I'd go by Keeker too) and her pony Plum. My 4-year-old finds them hysterical and we have to read them over and over until I put my foot down and send it back to the library!
The books are cute and can be read out of order, though it makes a little more sense if you read them in order. Especially for very young readers.
Reading them outloud takes about 15-20 minutes, which should give you an idea of length. I think they're probably geared to 2nd graders, with pictures on basically every page.

The one we have currently desparately needs to go back to the library! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment