Monday, December 15, 2008

Mo Willems

This guy's great. He could be my daughter's favorite author. Not that she'd admit to it.... I'm not sure she's figured out what an author is.
My favorite? The Pigeon Wants a Puppy. This picture book cracks me up. I strongly suggest you go get it from the library.
Other awesome Pigeon books-- Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus; Don't Let the Pigeon Stay Up Late; The Pigeon Finds a Hot Dog.... I'm sure there's another one, but I can't think of it.

Read them with your kids.... read them even if you don't have kids (if you feel silly checking them out from the library, you can always claim they're to read to nieces or nephews or neighbors or something.)

He also has a fun book for adults-- You Can Never Find a Rickshaw When It Monsoons
It's all about his year wandering around the world after college (I think it was college). He drew a cartoon every day. Some are funny, some poignant, some I just didn't get. But hey, it was fun.

4 comments:

  1. I love Mo Willems too! I really should get some from the library, but there is that thing about limits on holds. Every time I go in now I have to ask them to check-in my stuff so that I have space on my card to check out more books. Crazy, but I'm happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just an FYI Mo has a blog and it has activities you can print out and do. I bet your daughter just might like to do some of them. here is the url
    http://mowillemsdoodles.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Thanks! That's great to know!! Off to check it out....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and yeah, I totally have the same problems at the library... My little one really needs her own card so that her stuff isn't on mine! (Checked out or on hold!!!!!)

    ReplyDelete