Thursday, January 29, 2009

Roommates Wanted...

Until you fall in love....

Roommates Wanted by Lisa Jewell
4 stars
R- 4

Very interesting. I enjoyed it, though it was risque enough that I can't give it a full 5 stars.
In 1990, Toby starts inviting random people to come live with him. People who are lost. Now it's 2004 and he's got to figure out how to make them leave.
Really an interesting commentary on life and the human condition.
This was a Reader's Choice, and like Almost Graceland, Roommates Wanted was absolutely not something I'd have picked up. It's probably considered Chick Lit, I think.

But I won't hold that against it.
;)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like an interesting read. Not sure I would read it, but then again like you said that's the purpose of booklists, reader's choice and even book clubs.

    ReplyDelete