Sunday, March 22, 2009

Probably TMI

But oh well. :D

Just kidding.

Diaper-Free Before Three by Jill M. Lekovic, M.D.

What can I say? I'm a mom and potty training is an important topic in my life, whether I like it or not.

I really like Lekovic's approach. She discusses how to start as early as 6 months. Now, I'm not interested in started THAT early, but she's got some really good points. And if I'd started early with Boo, it would have been easier.

Oh, and then there's Mister.... did you know they don't make diapers in a size 7? Looks like we're getting on the early training wagon whether we wanted to or not. So it helps that I had already read this book and liked the ideas.

One thing she points out-- it's just part of life. Why do we make such a big deal, with the parties and rewards and hoopla? We don't reward them for rolling over, right? Or crawling or walking. We're excited, but it's all kind of expected, right? So what if we just slowly introduce the potty as part of our daily routine? Sounds seriously less stressful to me.

Not a "fun" read, but informative if that's the stage of life you're at. I recommend reading it before you have like a 2 year old, though.... It's not as helpful if you're starting after 2 and want to be done fast.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like this is a good book. Good luck with early potty training. I will have to check this one out, although I'm not completely sold on potty training earlier than 3, but that's me and I am not worried my kid out growing diapers.

    ReplyDelete