Friday, April 10, 2009

And Then There Were Three (Spellman books that is...)

Revenge of the Spellmans by Lisa Lutz
4.5 Stars
R- 1

This is the third installment in the hilarious chronicles of the Spellmans-- PI's all.

It was fun. I didn't think it was quite as good as the first two, but it was still really good.

The ending was... disturbingly final. I hope it doesn't mean there won't be any more. Though I can understand that sometimes you can only write so many books with the same characters.

Apparently there IS going to be a Spellman movie, though, which is very cool.

Here's a fabulous quote for you: (Just FYI, Izzy is taking a case just to get back in the game... Ernie wants to be sure his wife isn't a) shoplifting or b) having an affair or c) both.)

In light of Ernie's recent suspicions, I asked him if he'd ever followed his wife to see whether she was, in fact, only having lunch. He responded,
"No, I'd never do that."
I'm fascinated by ethical decisions like that.



I love that. It's beautiful.

:D

No comments:

Post a Comment