Monday, April 27, 2009

Searchable

I have an addiction to Google Analytics.

It's silly, really, but I love looking at the map to see where people are reading my blog from. And I LOVE looking at the search terms. (They've gotten more and more interesting as time goes by.) Since nearly the end of the month, I thought I'd give you an "April in Review" of search terms.

The winner in terms of number of hits? "Zach Shapiro 'same boat'". Works for me. It's a great book.

In second place? "able was I ere I saw elba". Hehehe. Also funny to note--other search terms include "able was", "ides elba", and "r saw elba".

I also have 3 versions of "special agent oso is stupid". Well, yes, yes he is. Sorry to the person who found my Oso post looking for "special agent oso dressing up costumes". Can't help you on that.

I also have "tisha by robert specht+summary". I have no idea.

"War of the worlds book quotes" makes sense, though. As does "lisa lutz".

(People don't capitalize anything in search engines, do they? I'm sure I probably don't.)

Rounding out the list-- "blue moo", "goodreads-'good reads'", and "indiebound".

I'm impressed there's only one really really random one in the bunch. (I still haven't figured out what that one is. I've never heard of Robert Specht.)

On a completely different note, did anyone watch Numb3rs last week? I went to GoodReads to look up the book Alan was reading... and promptly forgot the title. Sigh. I'm going to have to watch it again. :D

Oh, and my apologies to those that read the really messy unfinished version of this post. Mister was "helping". While I was in the bathroom. He typed, he linked (I have no idea how) and he published. Sigh.

2 comments:

  1. That is so cute. My mister doesn't want to get involved at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so fun looking up what topics lead to the blog. I like discovering where people are from as well.

    ReplyDelete