Monday, April 27, 2009

Pushing Up Daisies by Rosemary Harris


Shop Indie Bookstores


4 Stars
R- 2.5 (nothing much really happens, but not for lack of innuendo)

I enjoyed this. Yeah, it's the start of yet another fluffy mystery series, but hey. I like 'em.

Paula Holliday is the owner/operator of PH Factor, which I think is a fabulous name for a gardening/landscaping business. Unfortunately for her, nobody gets it and nobody calls. (She reminds me a bit of Izzie Spellman, which is always fun.)

Finally, she's landed a big job. Granted she'll be doing it for almost nothing, but it's all about getting your name out there, right? Maybe with a change of name, since no one gets the PH joke. But when she finds a body her first day on site...

Well, she may have bitten off more than she can chew.

Kind of Rosemary and Thyme. Does anybody else watch that on PBS? Love that show. Keep managing to see the same 4 episodes over and over again, though.

Anyway. Not the most well-written book I've ever read, but I enjoyed the story and the voice. The only real problem I had? Due to lack of dialogue tags, the conversations were hard to follow. Which drives me batty.

But hey, like I said, I love my fluffy mysteries... so I'll be on the look-out for the next Dirty Business Mystery.

Oh, I wanted to share this-- Deanna Raybourn talks about how we see ourselves. It's not technically about body image, but it's applicable. So, as it's still Body Image Week, go check it out.

AND today over at Bitten By Books is an interview with Maria V. Snyder! If you haven't read her books, you really should.

Shop Indie Bookstores


Shop Indie Bookstores


Shop Indie Bookstores


Shop Indie Bookstores

No comments:

Post a Comment