Friday, May 29, 2009

One More Fairy Post

I know, I'm inflicting my obsession on you.

:D

So, it's Friday and the end of our Fairy Week. And I have a list of fun, fabulous little chapter books for you!

Now, I haven't tried these with Boo yet, but I think she'd do okay with their length, but they're really probably meant to be 1st-3rd grade chapter books. They're labeled "stepping stone books".

Dulcie's Taste of Magic
Silvermist and the Ladybug Curse*
Fawn and the Mysterious Trickster*
The Trouble with Tink
Beck and the Great Berry Battle
Vidia and the Fairy Crown
Lily's Pesky Plant
Fira and the Full Moon
Rani in the Mermaid Lagoon
A Masterpiece for Bess
Prilla and the Butterfly Lie
Tink North of Neverland
Beck Beyond the Sea
Iridessa Lost at Sea
Rosetta's Daring Day*
Queen Clarion's Secret


*Apparently there is at least a slight connection between the books and the movies. Fawn, Rosetta and Silvermist are movie characters.

I've read most of them. I own half of them. (I told you, obsession.)

They're all cute. And most of them have a good message. (Others are just fun!) Prilla learns what happens when you lie, Silvermist learns that if you think you have bad luck you definitely will.

They also have cute pictures, and though they're all about 100 pages, the type is big and they're easily finished.

I think these are a really good choice for girls that are ready to move up to chapter books. Sorry, none so far focused on the sparrow men. Why is that?

And you can get them in these cute boxed sets! Who is your favorite fairy?? (I can't decide between Rani and Fira!)

No comments:

Post a Comment