Monday, May 4, 2009

Reader's Choice Summary

Alright, voting has ended. Winners have not yet been announced, but in the meantime, here's how I did.

I read 21 of 24 books in the allotted time. (Okay, so technically I read The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society before it started, but still.)

I have read one more since. (Breakfast With Buddha.)

The two I haven't finished yet? The Outlander by Gil Adamson, (which is right here, I just ran out of time. I'll still read it) and Dead Lucky: Life After Death on Mt. Everest by Lincoln Hall (which, I'm sorry, I am just not interested).

I keep track on my Reader's Choice pamphlet of what I've finished... and I mark them with smiley or frowny faces. This time around, I liked a lot of the books-- 19 smiley faces. I also had 2 "ok"s and one frowny face. I think that's the highest percentage of smiley faces I've had on a Reader's Choice.

I may buy-- The Magicians and Mrs. Quent, mostly because it's the beginning of a series, and I imagine I'll be rereading it. And I may buy The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, 'cause it was that good.

I'm not sure I could pick a favorite... I guess Guernsey. (Sorry, it's a long title.)

So, did you read along? How many of the Reader's Choice books have you read? What was your favorite?

Wanna place bets on who will win? :D

Spellcheck does not believe "frowny" is a word. Weird. I know it's a word. The Primary song uses it. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment