Saturday, May 16, 2009

Saturday with Boo and Mister-- Library Books

We need a third library card in this household. Here's why--



Those are the ones we've read.

Big Kicks is cute. Biggie the bear is asked to join the soccer team, 'cause, well, he's big. But maybe being big isn't the same as being good at soccer!
Counting Crocodiles is hilarious! The silly monkey outwits all the crocodiles to get something other than lemons to eat. I know I saw this on a blog, but I didn't write down whose! If you've reviewed it, leave me the link!!
The Cow that was the Best Moo-ther is pretty funny. Marjorie's excited to enter her baby in the cute baby contest. But the farmer's wife faints when Daisy eats a worm!
Samurai is far too dense for my children. Heck, it might be too dense for me. I have no idea why we checked it out. I suspect Daddy had something to do with it. Really cool pictures, though.
Fancy Nancy is adorable (that's a fancy word for cute)! Nancy offers fancy lessons to help her family become fancy.
A Simple Brown Leaf was.... boring. Sorry, it was. Boo was bored, Mister wandered off.... Mommy was bored. Good message, but... it's going back.
I'm Dirty is very very cute. A day in the life of a Backhoe Loader.
Ballyhoo Bay is FABULOUS! And look, it's the same author as Counting Crocodiles. Cool. Great message, but not at all boring.

We also have (but have not yet read):
The Imaginary Garden by Andrew Larsen; Honk, Honk, Goose! by April Pulley Sayre; Houndsley and Catina Plink and Plunk by James Howe; Agatha's Feather Bed by Carmen Agra Deedy; Busy, Busy Town by Richard Scarry; and What Can You Do with an Old Red Shoe by Anna Alter, which you can read a review of at Chronicle of an Infant Bibliophile! (Totally random, Daddy checked it out like the day before I read the review. I didn't even know we had it until yesterday!)

Anybody read any of those? I'd love to link in more reviews!

And, before I sign off for yet another crazy weekend, here are some I've decided we need to get next--


And of course:

Because Boo is really curious as to why Daisy is a chicken.

Boo's Favorite: Fancy Nancy
Mister's Favorite: Big Kicks I think. Sometimes it's hard to tell with him. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment