This blogging survey is from a high school English teacher doing her own end-of-school research project! If you've got a blog and would like to participate, just copy the questions and leave her a link! I thought it was kinda fun to think about why I spend so much time doing this every week.
1. How long have you been blogging? About 8 months total
2. Why did you start blogging? Different reasons for different blogs... this one? Because 1) Bookscoops and 2) I was tired of forgetting what I wanted to tell friends about the books I read.
3. What have you found to be the benefits of blogging? Mostly it's just fun. And I can get complaints about a book off my chest without irritating my husband too much. ;)
4. How many times a week do you post an entry? On this one, generally at least 6. Arri and Keish gets 3 or so a week. My project blog is sadly neglected.
5. How many different blogs do you read on a regular basis? Um, lots! I follow a good 65.
6. Do you comment on other people’s blogs? I am really trying to be better about this. A lot of times I don't, though.
7. Do you keep track of how many visitors you have? If so, are you satisfied with your numbers? Google Analytics and feedburner are my friends. Is anyone ever satisfied? You can never have numbers too high.
8. Do you ever regret a post that you wrote? No, not really.
9. Do you think your audience has a true sense of who you are based on your blog? I hope so.
10. Do you blog under your real name? Sort of. You can easily find my first name, but I don't broadcast it. Arri and Keish is a fictional blog, though. My project blog is linked to my Stampin' Up! site, so it has a little more personal info.
11. Are there topics that you would never blog about? Yes. And I'm going to leave it at that.
12. What is the theme/topic of your blog? Well this is my book blog, obviously. My others are 1) fictional and 2) stamping/scrapbooking.
13. Do you have more than one blog? If so, why? I have three. Different interests. I started with Pickled Penguin Ink. to showcase projects in my Stampin' Up! business. It's been pretty neglected, though, and I need to clean it up and get it going. This blog I LOVE-- keeps me reading and thinking. Arri and Keish we started originally on Windows Live as a way for family, friends and anyone else to read our writing. Hopefully the easily to deal with blogger site will attract more visitors. We love our characters and their world and wanted to share it.