Monday, June 15, 2009

The Andromeda Strain by Michael Crichton


5 stars
R- I don't remember anything...
This is a nostalgia review.

I first encountered The Andromeda Strain as a kid when I saw the movie with my dad. (Okay, I maybe only saw part of it, but whatever.) Being the child I was, I wanted to read it.

CLASSIC.

(I've always considered it a classic sci-fi, though now that I'm older and wiser I know that's not really a good classification. My brain can't shake it though.)

Seriously. I mean, who wouldn't love a book about a virus that goes from killing a whole town to eating through rubber?

Besides, it taught me important things, like what "coagulation" is and what flashing lights (blinking 3 times per second) can do to an epileptic. (Seriously, I've never forgotten that scene.)

What are your nostalgia reads?

No comments:

Post a Comment