Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Secrets, Lies and My Sister Kate by Belinda Hollyer


4 stars
JF

Family miscommunication. That pretty much says it all.

Mini and Kate are best friends, and sisters. But when Kate begins to change, Mini is confused. And when Kate disappears, Mini is devastated.

LOVED Mini's voice. It's all told from her perspective and it's cute. Everyone seems to react out of proportion to what's actually going on, but family's like that sometimes. Teenagers certainly are.

I also love the cover. It's honestly the whole reason why I picked it up. Having read the book, though, I don't feel like it fits the tone of the story. Really, the story is mostly lighter than that. The cutesy preteen style font on the title page works much better.

Anyway, it's a cute quick read. Not necessarily one that's going to stay with me, but not bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment