Things I've learned this week:
- Mister cannot sit for me to read to him for 15 minutes. Not going to happen. Let's leave it at 10. If he chooses to sit longer, fine, but I'm not going to try to make him.
- Mister does not like it when Mommy is in control of the pages. As a result, the easiest way to read to him is with him IN the crib and Mommy and the books OUT of the crib.
- Ten minutes equals about 4 picture books... or one picture book 4 times.
- Forty minutes is a long time.
- Boo will sit for 40 minutes of reading.
- It's MOMMY that has a hard time reading to Boo for 40 minutes.
- A Scooby-Doo chapter book eats up about 30-35 minutes, but is a pain to read aloud.
- Mommy is going to REALLY have to try harder with Boo. MUST MAKE TIME TO READ TO HER. See, it's easy to find 10 minutes. Heck, I can read to Mister while we're practicing sitting on the potty. (Well, I sit on the floor.) But 40 minutes solid? That takes more effort.
Favorite books this week?
Mister is OBSESSED with I'm Dirty, so it's a good thing it's a cute book. He also really loves Who Will Guide My Sleigh Tonight.
Boo LOVES The Black Book Of Colors-- a fascinating book with no color at all, just embossed glossy black on black. It also has all the text in braille, which she thought was really interesting. She also really seems to be liking the Scooby Doo chapter books and thought No, David! was funny.
Mommy did all the reading this week... Mister has 4 squares marked off, but Boo only has one. :(
As for me? I finished one book this week. (Okay, so I'm typing this up ahead of time... maybe I'll have read a second by the time it posts.)