Maybe I'm getting complacent, but I've come to the following conclusions:
- Summer Reading is about instilling a love of books and reading (at least at the stage my kids are at) not about minutes.
- Paraphrasing pages can be just as good as reading word for word.
- Boo "reading" to herself counts. It's time spent with books and that's really what it's all about.
- As long as we've read at least one fairy book a day, I'm counting it. (This may seem like cheating, since they sometimes only take 25 minutes to read instead of a full 30, but again, Spirit over Letter.)
- Does anyone else hate reading the Cat in the Hat books aloud?
I feel like we're keeping the integrity of the thing without Mommy having to be as stressed about it all.
Now, I know it's a holiday and I should be posting holiday books, but I honestly couldn't think of any!! Isn't that terrible? So, if you've got a good 4th of July book, let me know!!
Have a great holiday weekend!