Friday, August 28, 2009

The Archangel Project by C S Graham

5 stars
R- practically 0
Some language (about what you'd expect from an action/thriller with military and ex-military characters-- both good guys and bad)

Let's call it... Tom Clancy meets X Files.

Okay, so maybe not exactly, but you know what I mean. You've got your CIA agent good guy, an ex-navy remote viewer (psychics, not satalites), ex-military crazy bad guys, and a whole lot of mayhem and destruction. Throw in some serious high-level corruption and there you have it.

This book went really fast. Like "holy cow I'm already more than half-way through" fast.

And it was good. I really liked it. I didn't necessarily agree with all of the political ideas, but hey. We have the freedom to think what we want about politics... and it's up to us whether or not we get into it on our blogs. Which I'm not. :D

I thought the story was well-done and I really like the characters. Which is good, since it's the beginning of a series. And while this book could stand alone, it sets up a series very nicely.

The only thing that majorly bugged me-- a minor (like very minor) character's name changed spellings. That drives me nuts. She's only mentioned in 2 chapters. The first time her name is spelled with a Y and the second with a J. Grr. Makes me want to get an editing job.

Anyway.

There is an excerpt from the next book at the end, though you should take note that the title has apparently changed from The Deadlight Connection to The Solomon Effect and it comes out in October. I'll definitely be reading it. :D

You can learn more at CS Graham's website.

One interesting tidbit-- CS Graham is actually a writing team. Steven Harris and Candice Proctor are the authors. Candice Proctor is also the author of the Sebastian St. Cyr mysteries, which I've heard of but not read. Maybe I'll have to move them up this list.

No comments:

Post a Comment