Saturday, August 1, 2009

Summer Reading Saturday-- Potty Training


And what, you ask, does that have to do with reading??

Well, I'll tell you.

It's my secret strategy.

When it's time for Mister to sit on the potty, I say "Go find a book so we can go potty!" and off he runs to grab a storybook.

It's two birds with one stone. By the end of the day we've read more than enough to mark his chart (most days) and with any luck, eventually he'll be potty trained. It's got to work at some point, right?

I hate potty training.

On the up side, Daddy took the little monkeys to the library last week and came home with I'm Mighty and I'm Bad from the authors of I Stink and I'm Dirty. They were in the library book sale! (Sadly, I'm Dirty has to go back to the library today. They only let you renew them so many times.)

*And now, I'm off to teach back to back classes! Christmas stuff this morning and scrapbooking this afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment